HOME STUDIOS 4U LTD
Lower Ground Floor
12-16 Portsdown Mews
London NW11 7HD
|“Data controller”||A person or organisation that decides how, why and when an individual’s personal information will be processed|
|“Data Processing”||The use of personal information of another individual in a variety of ways including, but not limited to, collecting, recording, organising, storing, using, disclosing, erasing and destroying the data|
|“Data Processor”||Any third party that performs data processing tasks for the Data Controller and is not any employee of the Controller’s organisation|
|“Data Subject”||The individual to whom the personal information relates|
|“Personal Information”||Information regarding the individual including name, address, DOB, email address, contact numbers etc|
- How we collect your information
HS4U collects information directly from you or via online property marketing portals, such as Gumtree, when you enquire about any of our properties, complete an online enquiry form, or when you call, write, email or attend our offices. We may also collect information when you use our website.
We operate a CCTV system at our office premises for the detection and prevention of crime. The system records continuously and recordings are stored for up to four weeks.
We may receive information about you from third parties such as:
- Government organisations
- Charities or other similar organisations which you are registered with and authorise to share your information with us
- Previous landlords
- What information we collect about you
The Personal Information that we require from you enables us to assess your application for a tenancy and allows us to manage your tenancy if one is granted. From time to time, your Personal Information may be required to enable us to comply with our legal obligations and to perform our part of any contract with you, which we may not be able to fulfil without your Personal Information.
How is it collected
|Reasons for processing information||How is it stored with us?||Is it shared with any Data Processors?||How long is it held for?||How is it disposed of?|
|Passport/ID documents||By email / in person||
1) For the performance of a contract.
2) Legal requirement
3) Legitimate interest
Hard copy in file and electronically stored on secured server.
Up to six years after you have vacated your property
Permanently and securely – deleted/ shredded
|Contact details (phone, email address)||By email/ in person||
|Employment details||By email/ in person|
|Financial Information, incl. bank statements, pay slips etc.||By email/ in person|
|Utility bills||By email/ in person|
|Welfare benefit documents||By email/ in person|
The information which we may require from you is listed below together with the ways in which it is processed and handled.
Other personal information might be required, which will vary on a case by case basis, to help us meet our requirements to and ensure our compliance with the relevant legislation.
Special protection is given to certain class of information which may be particularly sensitive. This includes, but is not limited to information regarding your health, criminal convictions or allegations, and financial circumstances etc. We will only use this class of information where:
- we have a legal obligation to do so
- it is necessary for us to do so to protection your vital interests and wellbeing
- it is in the substantial public interest
- it is necessary for the prevention or detection of crime
- it is necessary for insurance or other similar purposes, or
- you have given us explicit consent to use the information.
- What processing do we do with the information collected?
The information we request is necessary to process and manage your tenancy, comply with the law, and enforce our legal rights (including debt recovery). You should refer to your Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement carefully for specific details as these form the legal basis for processing your information and carrying out our activities.
We use your personal information where:
- we have your consent (where consent is required)
- we need to use your information to comply with our legal obligations
- we need to use your information for the performance of our obligation under our contract with you
- the information is required to protect the interests and wellbeing of the data subject or another person
- we have a legitimate interest such as passing your information to utility companies, reviewing references, disclosing personal details of a tenant who has left the property with rent arrears, passing on forwarding addresses of former tenants to utility companies, providing contact details to contractors or our agents for the purposes of carrying out any repairs/maintenance to the property, and notifying guarantors or relevant persons of any rent arrears or other breaches of the contract.
How long we keep your personal information for depends on the services we provide to you. We will never retain personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose which we need to use it for.
- Who we share your data with
Most of the time the personal information which we have about you is information that you have given to us or information gathered by us in the course of performing our obligations under a contract with you. HS4U shares limited personal data with any of our contractors or other clients/suppliers who are carrying out services on our behalf.
We also sometimes gather personal information from and send personal information to third parties where necessary for credit and referencing checks and fraud prevention.
We will only discuss or communicate your tenancy details with those named on the agreement or those authorised (temporarily or permanently) by you, unless for the purpose of crime detection or prevention.
We may need to share information with landlords, agents, solicitors, mortgage brokers, surveyors and valuers in relation to property sale, refinancing or for the purpose of obtaining insurance.
- Your rights
You have the right to access, correct, sometimes delete, and restrict any of your personal information that we use.
Under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have a number of rights, including:
- The right to be informed – you have the right to know how your data will be used
- The right to access your personal data – you can contact email@example.com by email, or in writing to our office address above if you wish to request access to any of your personal data
- The right to rectification – you have the right to correct the information we hold. You should advise of any changes or corrections by contacting us on 0208 209 1967 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) or restrict processing – you have the right to request us to restrict or delete any data which we hold about you, unless we have the legal right to hold and process this information
You also have other rights relating to data protection law which can be found by visiting the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): www.ico.org.uk
You have the right to complain about any matter relating to how we process and use your personal data.
HOME STUDIOS 4U LTD is registered with the ICO under registration number ZA327220.